03 November 2010

Happiness Revisited Revisited

Today has been a really great day, and it reminded me of two of my past posts, which you can read here and here. FYI: I will NEVER tire of watching the video link in the second one.

The purpose of the Happiness posts was to list three things that made you happy today. Here are my three:

1. When dropping Boog off at preschool this morning, I gave him a hug and told him I loved him. He turned and walked a few feet away, only to turn back and run into my arms again and kiss me and say, "I love you too, Mommy." Then I melted into a puddle of love goo.

2. When putting Boog to bed tonight, after finishing a couple more pages of his favorite book of the moment, Our Universe, we turned out the light and chatted about our day. Then I kissed him goodnight, said "Goodnight my sweet boy" and started to get up to leave. He snaked his little arms around my neck and said, "Don't leave yet. Stay for four more minutes." So I did. And I melted into another puddle of love goo.

3. Finishing all my dishes and laundry tonight before 9pm, allowing me a night of sweet, sweet boob-tube watching. And blogging. And Facebooking (DUH!).

So what are three sources of happiness for you today? Recounting them will make you happy all over again, I promise! Trust me, I'm a doctor.

1 comment:

Employee No. 3699 said...

Well, one was reading about how you turned into a puddle of love goo.

The second was watching that Simpson’s video AND actually having chocolate in the house to eat.

The third was…none of your bees wax!?!