09 July 2010

525 days, if you want to be nitpicky

So, an ex-boyfriend of mine and I recently reconnected on Facebook*. Let's call him Leslie, or "Les" for short. Now don’t go and get all excited, readers. He’s married. But thanks for rooting for me. Really. Yes, he missed out on a great thing with me, but WHATEVER, dude. His loss. Anyhoo, he is an extremely talented writer, and is running full-steam ahead with his writing these days, and aside from writing a top-secret book about his experiences as a male exotic dancer**, he started a blog of his own that he updates between dancing gigs. He’s a bit of a modern-day Renaissance Man, if you will.

He told me about his blog forced me to “like” his blog on Facebook so I did, and then I "unliked" it during an evening of obsessive "unliking". Of course he got his panties all in a wad and threatened me if I ever “unlike” it again. So I am dutifully reading his entries regularly. Turns out, it's actually quite entertaining. (I knew it would be, Les! Thtop being tho thenthitive.) So go check it out if you are so inclined.

But this post isn't about Les. This post is about the unexplained 18 months of silence here at Sveedish. Why am I not writing anymore? I dunno. Why haven't I posted anything since Boog became President of the United States? Dunno that one either, although I don't think that actually happened.

So where do I begin? Do I have to tell you about everything that's happened in the last 18 months? I don't know if I have time for that. I know, I'm not being very helpful. I think I will update you in list form. I'm good at lists.

Things that Eva Has Been Doing Since Last Posting on Her Blog

1. I found a $100 bill on the sidewalk outside my house last summer and bought a used guitar.
2. I have yet to learn to play said used guitar properly, but continue to tell myself that someday I shall.
3. I switched jobs in September, which proved to be quite a fiscally prudent decision on my part. My old job had dwindled to 20 measly hours per week and while I do enjoy being a lady of leisurely afternoons every day, my bank account did not.
4. Boog turned 4 in April. Wanna see a picture? Of course you do.


He's growing up so fast...
I know there's more to the list, but I shant bore you with that. Yet. I will share an amusing anecdote with you this weekend and hopefully get back into the groove with this. Because I do enjoy it so.

Teaser for next post: SEX!

*Which is where I have been living non-stop since dropping off of Blogger. Yes, I am one of THOSE people. But I missed you guys! Hi! Aren't you all on Facebook too anyways? I know that at least six of you are...

** I’m guessing. He won’t leak any information about the book, so I have to assume a few things.

5 comments:

Smaktakula said...

Nice to see you back on here! You found $100, but imagine if you had still been writing your blog. It might have been as high as $120!

The boy is a cutie and only getting more so.

And I'm not sure how to tell you this, but with a name like Leslie, that dude clearly doesn't like the ladies. You dodged a pink bullet.

Looking forward to your next post!

sari said...

Yay for:

1) YOU
2) $100 bills
C) guitars

I'm still "learning" to play the one I bought for my bday last year. :-)

Michael C said...

You went as long as I did without posting ;)

Employee No. 3699 said...

Oh my, has it really been 525 days? It seems like just yesterday...

It's so weird. I was just telling my husband how I need to revamp the ole blog template now that we're living in India...for example, "Look at this blog roll I have that is so outdated. See, for example, Sveedish hasn't posted in almost a year. I just need to get rid of thi...Oh, wait! Look, she's back!"

And that, my dear, is how I saw you're back. I'll need to 'Friend Request' you on CrackBook and then read the next post that promised SEX!!!

sharilyn said...

i can't believe you're actually back!! though i have been rather absent myself... it was fun to discover you'd sort of returned...! :)

btw... i want to find $100 bill!!!!! so cool! :)