19 January 2009

Tagged! Ow! (Just kidding, it only hurt a little.)

A couple of tags that I've ignored long enough...the first is from the lovely Nebraska Girl, who, like me, also belongs to the Single Mommy Club. She's awesome and always has such great posts; heartfelt and honest. (Should I have used a colon there instead of a semi-colon? I was an Accounting major. Help me out, English majors!)

Anyhoo, here was the list of rules from her tag:
1) Choose the 4th folder where you store your pictures on the computer
2) Select the 4th picture in the folder
3) Explain the picture
4) Tag 4 people to do the same

My fourth folder only contained three pictures. The fourth item in the folder was a little video from my old Canon camera. It captured Boog at the height of his fattitude in all his pudgy glory. I was blowing bubbles at him in our old apartment and my ex-husband is filming Boog's reaction.


.

Don't you just want to take a bite out of those Michelin Man arms??? Maybe slice a tiny bit off, saute lightly in a pan and serve with drawn butter?

For that one, I hereby tag
1. Sharilyn
2. Sari
3. Meleah
4. Michael

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next tag was from my old neighbor Sharilyn. I miss her. Hi Sharilyn! How's life over there?

The rules for this one are as follows: list six random or weird facts about yourself, and then tag six others. If memory serves, I think I've done a similar tag once before, so forgive me if I repeat myself. I'm too lazy to find the old post and make sure I don't duplicate. So here goes:

1. I hate whipped cream. My family constantly harasses me about it, like it's sacrilege to the Scandinavian way of life or something.

2. In my pubescent youth, I used to be able to stuff an entire pack of Bubble Yum in my mouth and blow bubbles bigger than my head. I have a picture to prove it.

3. I think Danny Glover is the worst actor in the world. I get physically ill just seeing his name in a preview for a movie.

4. I can write upside down very well. This stems from my years as a math and reading tutor, where we sat across a desk with our student and instructed them from the other side of the worksheet or whatever we were working on.

5. I have bowled a "turkey" (3 strikes in a row) six times in my life. Two of those times were in the tenth frame!

6. I can make my eyes move around independently of each other. This either enthralls my audience or completely grosses them out to the point that they have to look away. I try not to take it personally.

Okay, so I'll tag some o' youse, but I completely understand if you opt out. How about...

1. Sari SockMonkey
2. Nebraska NoLongerAGirl NotYetAWoman
3. TroyBoy (now that you're back from the dead)
4. Sasha ButtonNose
5. Linda Lovelylegs
6. Meleah LotsOfTimeOnMyHands

P.S. Hey! We have a new president!!! w00t!!!

6 comments:

meleah rebeccah said...

YAY! A new post from you always makes my day. And ANY video of that baby warms my heart so very much.

LOVED your six things (the eyes moving independently of each other is something I have to see)

And OF COURSE I will participate!

xoxoxox

sasha said...

Semicolon: correct!
Fattitude: love it!
Tag: But I haven't blogged since July!!!

Hey now, how's the new place? Wanna come over and chase chickens?

Eva said...

Sash baby! Miss you. I you can believe it, I came *this close* to calling you this afternoon just to check in and say hello and HNY and HNP! We'd love to chase chickens soon! New place is totally rad, which hopefully helps explain how freakin' close I live to the beach now. After the chicken run @ your place, we shall reconvene with the Earl of Grey at Casa Sveedish, okay? I have much to tell.

Skeeter said...

Hi Eva,

I like this tag. Nebraska G tagged me too and I am getting around now to post about it. Glad to see Boog so happy. How is everything working out for you?

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Employee No. 3699 said...

Okay, so after reading that you could write upside down I had to try it. Not as easy as I thought.

And the eye thing is weird. I'd be the one looking the other way.

Linda Lovelylegs?!? Okay, I'll play.

sharilyn said...

btw... #4 will get you a job waitressing at macaroni grille if you need one... i'm just sayin'... ! :)