03 November 2008

Blogging Sin #6: Getting All Political on Your Ass

Actually, there is nothing wrong with political blogs. I'm just not the type to jump on that bandwagon. Mostly because I like to keep my political opinions to myself. My brother and my dad argue EVERY FREAKIN' SUNDAY NIGHT at dinner about how dad should be more Democratic in his political views, and how my brother needs to CALM THE HELL DOWN, DAD IS NEVER GOING TO STOP BEING A REPUBLICAN SO JUST GIVE IT A REST.

I find myself reminding my little brother that the most awesome thing about this country is that people are allowed to have an opinion. And they are allowed to express it as loudly as they'd like. Without fear of imprisonment or death or anything. Isn't that great?

So go out tomorrow and make your voice heard. Vote.

6 comments:

Employee No. 3699 said...

The last few weekends have been my son and husband LOUDLY telling my son-in-law to vote for Obama...as he is telling them LOUDLY to vote for McCain. Thank goodness that will be over!

meleah rebeccah said...

Happy Voting!
xxoo
:)

nebraska girl said...

Glad to see you're still around. I've spent the last few weeks listening to my supervisor talk about how she's not really sure who to vote for...yah right, we all know exactly where her vote is going. Sometimes I think it's a ploy to get me to discuss politics with her, because I'm usually pretty mum about it at work.

sari said...

I voted and it was terrific. ha ha

Skeeter said...

It is great, Eva. One set of my grandparents were yellow dog Democrats and the other were yellow dog Republicans. The difference between them was that the Repubican grandparents slept in different beds and the Democratic grandparents bunked together for all 46 years o' matrimony. Maybe it's just me, but I believe that this simple difference explains why there are more Democrats than Republicans today ;-)

Best wishes,

Skeeter

meleah rebeccah said...

"the most awesome thing about this country is that people are allowed to have an opinion."

Amen doll.