23 October 2008

Blogging Sin #5: Dear Diary Dullness

Dear Diary,

Last night I dreamt that Rainn Wilson came on to me. And because of the Gobi Desert that is my love life, I responded with the fervor of a sexual zealot. Rainn Wilson, though? Couldn't my subconscious pick someone with a nicer ass?

The dream was a nice break from the dreary days that have swept over October like a black cloud, though. October 5th was the anniversary of me leaving my ex-husband. Don't get me wrong, Diary. The anniversary wasn't really a day of sorrow and regret. It was more of a reflection of the last year of my life and a kind of "course adjustment" of where I'm heading.

Work could really not suck any more that it is sucking this month. It got so bad last week that I actually considered restarting my smoking habit. I have been smoke-free for six years, Diary! And I gaze longingly at the smokers outside the office building, chatting away with others that are on the same nicotine-dispensing schedule as they are. I recall the delicious rush through my limbs to my fingertips and toes after that first drag on the cigarette, and the deep breathing and the relaxation of being away from the office for ten minutes. And then I recall the coughing. The constant coughing. And the smell and the bad breath and the smell and the coughing and the smell. And the addiction that makes you smoke even when you are sick. And then I don't miss smoking anymore. Yay, me!

Then, to stay consistent with the suckiness of October 2008, Boog came down with pneumonia a week ago and has been recovering since then. Thank goodness for my mom - she agreed to watch him during the day so that I can go to work and earn a living. I am so glad that I took him to urgent care last Sunday - otherwise I might have let this go undetected for who knows how long. He's doing fine now, but the side-effects from his antibiotics are preventing him from returning to preschool anytime soon. Poor little man.

Is it November yet?

9 comments:

Skeeter said...

Poor Boog! That is a tough illness for the little guy to have to face. All of the problems at your work sound like the rumblings in the Evil Corporation. They have even started talking about "Reduction in Force" drawdowns. People are worried, but not me. I'm far too cynical for such practical matters :-)

Hope your desert blooms soon dear.

Best wishes.

Skeeter

meleah rebeccah said...

Geez. You've had a terrible October.

The last time I checked dropping F-bombs in the office @ employees was NOT cool.

But I don't work in an office any more, so I might be out of touch.

I hope BOOG feels better! Poor baby. So little with such a big illness.

"Rainn Wilson, though? Couldn't my subconscious pick someone with a nicer ass?"

That cracked me up!

Employee No. 3699 said...

I think your subconscious chose Rainn Wilson because of the crap going on at 'The Office".

Only one more week left of October...I hope November is nicer to you.

I hope Little Boog is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Rainn Wilson has an odd sexiness - he seems like a guy that because he's not conventionally handsome will try extra hard to turn you on and have some secret sex technique to keep you coming back for more

It could have been worse - you could have dreamed of Carrottop!

Also - want me to send your boss an angry hamster? *heh*

This is beaniesue but blogger isn't letting me post the comment right :(

nebraska girl said...

And I thought my month sucked. You've definitely got me beat. Something must be up with bosses lately. My boss has freaked out over the budget, which we don't really have because we're operating under a Continuing Resolution because the House won't get off their lazy asses and pass a budget by the beginning of the fiscal year. She's determined that we have no money for anything...including office supplies. Then she freaked out because we had to move to a different office in our building and she hates, Hates, HATES our new office. It was like dealing with a three year old. *sigh*

Hope life gets better for ya. Get well soon Boog!

sharilyn said...

you win the brownie this week, my dear! (ref Notting Hill) so sorry it's been so tough!

sharilyn said...

you win the brownie this week, my dear! (ref Notting Hill) so sorry it's been so tough!

Skeeter said...

Hey! That brownie sounds pretty good right now. I'm going to have to bake some. Perfect snack for a cold day.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Skeeter said...

Hi Eva,

Hope you had a Happy Halloween. Ttyl.

Best wishes,

Skeeter