26 September 2008

Blogging Sin #2: Procrastination

Basically, more sloth. In disguise! And cuter, don't you think?

Last weekend, I went to Santa Barbara with my brother's fiancee and three other lovely women for a bachelorette party. It is now late Thursday night (technically, I guess it's Friday morning - yes I have insomnia tonight and I have no more bank statements to reconcile, so I must blog! I also don't have cable, which explains why I've been reconciling my bank statements instead of watching the tube. Although Conan is on right now in the background, but never you mind about that. This is now much too long to be parenthetical anymore so I'm going to resume my original sentence. I'll wait while you go find the beginning. Okay? Okay.) and I'm just getting around to organizing my thoughts about the weekend into blog form. How am I doing so far? Wait, don't answer that.

So Santa Barbara: what a beautiful weekend for a trip out of town. Warm, but not hot. Blue skies. Fun company. We went wine tasting, picnicked on a vineyard, and had a driver so that we could taste to our heart's content. Not the driver. The wine. Ha! Wow, I'm amusing at 1:15am. I should blog in the wee hours more often!

Two of the ladies on the trip had the foresight to bring some silly bachelorette accoutrements, which provided endless giggles on the drive back to Santa Barbara after four hours of wine tasting. For example, someone produced a deck of cards that had 52 different images of naked men on them. And yes, we all agreed that naked men are gross. At least naked men that live on the backs of playing cards from 1984.

That night we went out for margaritas and Mexican food. And salsa dancing! My dance partner that evening, Juan, was a great dancer and very patient with White Girl Eva. After a few songs, I picked up some steps and he even spun me around a bit. I am SO going to go salsa dancing again sometime. It was a blast. Ms. Bachelorette had to be dragged off the dance floor at 1 a.m. so that we could get back to our home base.

I don't remember much more. Not because I was drunk, but it was 1:00 a.m. and I'm a mom and I just don't last that long anymore. As soon as we got back to the house we were staying at, I set up my sleeping bag and collapsed into a deep sleep.

Remember in college when it was a weekly occurrence, staying up until 2am or later? Good times.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7 comments:

Employee No. 3699 said...

I totally get the early night thing. When we do Girls' Weekend, we're all usually sleeping by 11:00. But then again, we start really early...because it's always 5:00 somewhere.

sharilyn said...

i LOVE the sloth!!! i want one!! wait a minute... i AM one! but not that cute. sure wish the effects of procrastination were as cute as that little sloth. unfortunately, in my life, they usually look like a sinkful of dirty dishes, an unpacked-from-a-week-ago suitcase, and a foot-high pile of unfiled paid bills! can i trade those in for a sloth?? :)

Skeeter said...

Yes! I do remember those 2 am college times. Now it's the 2 am "turn into a pumpkin time". Oh, the perils of growing older.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

nebraska girl said...

The only time I can stay up past 12 is when I'm with my little brother. With him it's usually 5am. Of course by then we usually have the giggle fits and start saying weird stuff that doesn't make sense, but it sure if fun!

meleah rebeccah said...

I love Santa Barbara, margaritas and Mexican food....

I miss being able to stay up all night.

Skeeter said...

Margarits and Mexican food sounds pretty good right now. So much for my boyish figure ... aw, that's been gone for years. pass the chips and queso!

Best wishes,

Skeeter

sharilyn said...

i still want a sloth!