07 April 2008

E is for Me! Eva!

A self-indulgent post if there ever was one...

A list of six of my favorite material things:

1. My Nikon D40 - I love every camera I've ever had, but this one takes the cake. I have always, always wanted a camera that allows me to feel much more involved in the process and now I have one!

2. My television - I know that it is hip and cool to say that you don't watch or even own a tv, but I have one and I love watching it. I disagree with the term "idiot box" - I would rather call it a "turn off my brain after a busy and draining day box".

3. My 2000 VW Golf - I spent five months researching cars before buying this one. It is perfect for my life, in every way. I got a four-door with the plan of someday having a child that I would have to load and unload from the back seat. I highly recommend VWs. In closing, one word: fahrvergn├╝gen.

4. My iPod - hello? Of course I love my iPod! Who doesn't love their iPod? It's a wonderful piece of technology. Who would have thought that in our lifetime, we would be able to throw our entire collection of music in our pocket and head out the door into the world? Amazing.

5. My Rolex - this watch used to belong to my grandmother before she passed away. My mom gave it to me about three years ago. I wear it every day, except for the year following Boog's birth, because I was afraid it would scratch his little head when I put him down for naps and stuff.

6. My keepsakes box - my favorite of Boog's baby clothes, photo albums, birthday cards, you name it. I love opening the box (it is quite large) and taking a stroll down memory lane. I can't believe how TINY my boog used to be!

9 comments:

Skeeter said...

Yes, I agree, a person needs a good camera, television and transportation. All of things are very important for sure. You should post a picture of your keepsakes box. I'm curious about it. What kind of box is it?? Is it tall or short? Decorated or plain? Sounds like fun, great list in your posting.

Matt said...

Great post! And in fact, a great start to a meme even! "6 Things You Can't Live Without"! I might even make a list myself! Look for one to come!

Eva said...

Hi Skeeter! The box is more of a bin, actually. You know those ginormous ones that people store their Christmas decorations in? It's like that. :) Maybe I'll share some of it in the near future. And by the way, your post today is AWESOME. I'm reading it again now that I'm home and less distracted. You're an amazing writer!

Matt! I would love to read your version of that post!

TroyBoy said...

What, no "My Boog"?

TroyBoy said...

What, no "My Boog"?

Eva said...

Troyboy, My Boog isn't a material possession - rather, I am wrapped around his little finger, possessed by him. :)

sari said...

I like that you have something of your grandmother's that you love. And I know what you mean about not wearing jewelry because you'll scratch your baby up, I don't wear much right now either.

(and E for Eva is the best!)

Eva said...

Sari: I was tickled that you cherish your grandmother's library card. I think that is so sweet.

Kathy said...

Hi, I was just browsing Finslippy when I stumbled into your blog, I'd love to get a better camera that makes my pictures more professional looking. Maybe I'll check out that one.

ps tv is my favorite too. The trashier the show the better I like it. ;)