05 April 2008

D is for ... uhhh ... no idea.

Work has sapped my brain of every creative thought. I struggled last night to come up with something good to write about, but drew a blank. Oh well. I'm off to spend the night at my college roomie's enormous estate tonight, so here's a meme I stole from several blogs from Sari's circle of friends:

Instructions:
1. Open your music library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod, whatever)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question below, type the song that’s playing
5. New question — press the next button
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool

Here we go:

* Opening credits: “Linger” by The Cranberries - Ah, the story of my past romantic relationships.
* Waking up: "The Sun" by Maroon 5 - It's always good to start the day with Adam's voice in your ears.
* First day at school: "Path of Thorns" by Sarah McLachlan - Nice job, iTunes shuffle!
* Falling in love: “Men in Black” by Will Smith - Actually, this is appropriate! The greatest loves of my life began with many, many laughs. And one of my favorite quotes is from this movie.
* Breaking up: “Machinehead” by Bush - A manic song with crazy lyrics ~ very apropos.
* Prom: "Here We Go" by N*Sync - Bubblegum pop full of fun goofy melody.
* Life’s okay: "Are You Happy Now" by Michelle Branch - Finding yourself and inner strength, perhaps?
* Mental breakdown: "Cygnus X-1" by Rush - One of their more "progressive" pieces, by far.
* Driving: "Top of the World" by Patty Griffin - I LOVE singing along to Patty when I'm alone in the car. This one's a bit slow, but good choice, Ms. Shuffle.
* Flashback: "Give it Up" by Sade - I used to listen to this album (Stronger Than Pride) while delivering pizza in Lake Tahoe back in 1995. Such a fond memory. [Mental note to self: Blog about time in Lake Tahoe]
* Getting back together: "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers - Full of love and promise.
* Wedding: "Trees" by Rush - Rob and I totally bonded over our mutual love of Rush while we were getting to know each other. In a way, the lyrics can (in a long-shot way) fit into our what our marriage was, including and its troubles and our personalities.
* Birth of child: "Say That You Love Me" by The Cardigans - Desperate for a perfect relationship; I had unrealistic expectations of motherhood, I guess this works in a way.
* Final battle: "Shadowlands" by Big Head Todd and the Monsters - A little too deep for me on a Saturday afternoon. I'm not a fighter anyways.
* Death scene: "Happy Now?" by No Doubt - Kind of in-your-face anger. I hope my life doesn't end with that sort of open hostility.
* End credits: "Like I Love You" by Justin Timberlake - Right on! If you know me, you know about me and JT. As Justin says towards the end, "Now everybody dance."

Hey, that was fun! Hope everyone's weekend is going great.

6 comments:

Half-Past Kissin' Time said...

Now, I would think that being an exotic dancer would give you plenty of material for your blog! :)

Just wanted to pop over to thank you for the wonderful comment. You are a great judge of character! (Of course, I'm not biased at all.)

Skeeter said...

That's an interesting mix of music. I'll give this meme a try in the next couple of days and see what comes up. sounds like fun! Thanks for the idea.

sari said...

I still haven't had time to do this, I've been sick!

It's nice just to see you posting, you know!

Matt said...

Very ecclectic group of music that sets up your life! Thanks for sharing ! Always fun to read your blog.

*This comment has been fully endorsed and paid for by the letter Q and the number 8.

TroyBoy said...

I agree with Matt. Your life is probably just as ecclectic.

* This comment has been brought to you by the letter: 'S' for "Seriously folks, haven't we played out the this Sesame Street thing enough, already!?

Signed,

Grumpy

Eva said...

Okay, you all know that I'm not really an exotic dancer, right? Just making sure...

Skeeter: Looking forward to reading yours!
Sari: Glad you're feeling better!
Matt: Why Q and 8?
TroyBoy: It's okay to be grumpy now and then.