02 April 2008

B is for Boog

My baby boy is no longer a baby. He is a little boy! A walking, talking, obstinate and affectionate bundle of spunk. Here's a short anecdote about my little Boog:

My brother and his girlfriend gave us an early Boog birthday present recently ~ a bike seat for Boog that attached to the back of my bike. I took him to Target and let him pick out his own helmet. Being a red-blooded boy with exposure to PBS and its enticing train propaganda shows, he made a beeline for the bright blue "Thomas and Friends" logo. How he spotted it amongst the glaring images of Dora and Diego I will never know. I pulled it off the rack and handed it to him. It was packaged with a set of elbow and knee pads as well, all snug in the thick, thick government plastic we have all come to know and hate. He exclaimed his joy with a squeal and a very concise remark: "Hat!" I was able to put it on his head to check the fit, along with the rest of the package attached, elbow pads and all. He giggled and indicated that he wished to wear it for a while. So he rode around in the shopping cart with a huge package of plastic-enclosed helmet and pads with a big toothy grin on his face. How cute can he possibly get?

The next evening, we went on a bike ride with my brother and his girlfriend. He ooh'd and ahh'd the whole time he was in motion. It was a happy, happy evening.

My Baby Boy Boog wearing his Bike helmet:



This post is brought to you by the letter B.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Again, how very adorable! May you get many many days out of that bike helmet, until Boog outgrows it (next week).

sari said...

What a cute picture! I can't believe how big he's getting!

TroyBoy said...

Wow. I love that expression on his face. That one is a keeper...um, the picture; well, and Boog too, of course.