05 June 2007

Northbound

Hola!

We're back from our trip to the Bay Area. Lots of fun to be had, I tell you what. And Boog could not have been better on the plane rides up and back. I'm so proud of that little dude.

Our main reason for the trip was to celebrate the first birthdays of all the babies in my old mom's group. I missed them all so much. And the babies are all so HUGE. It's been almost a year since we started the group, all neurotic and sleep-deprived first-time moms. I don't know what I would have done without them.



The Daddies were all there too!



Then we went to visit our old neighbor Sally and her wonderdog Lola. Boog LOVES Sally and Lola. Especially Lola.



The beautiful Meigan allowed us to stay with her and her little boog-ette, Nana, on Saturday night. We ate Indian food from the bestest Indian food place this side of the Mississippi. As I fed Boog his dinner, I spilled some pear puree on the table, to which Nana exclaimed "EWWWWW!" and ran squealing behind Mom's chair. So I wiped it up and started taunting her with the pear-soaked napkin. "EWWWW!" and more hiding. A couple of repetitions and I figured that one had run its course. Nope! Nana inches over towards me and says, "Touch me with the pears!" Has that combination of words ever been uttered in the history of words? I love that kid so much.

And then the power went out! There was no TV! What to do, WHAT TO DO??? Oh yes, that's right, we can "converse" and light candles. And of course French-braid some hair. We stopped short of "light as a feather, stiff as a board". And since the freezer was without power, I refrained from freezing Meigan's bra. Nana continued to delight me with more of her shenanigans. After doing a certain something that she refers to as "pooting", she would run up to me and say "Auntie Eva, I stink! Smell me!" It was my turn to say "EW."

We had a delicious breakfast at Fat Apple's the next morning.



My old friends Casey, Denise and their gorgeous son joined us. Such great friends to get up so early on a Sunday morning for us. I love them dearly and miss them so freakin' much. Denise is an awesome mom. We bonded like super-glue during our pregnancies.



Their son is almost three. Here he is sneaking some vodka that we had ordered with our pancakes.



Oh relax, I'm just kidding. He and Nana became fast friends. How cute are they?



Then Nana pooted again.



We made it outside after breakfast in the nick of time. Boog burst out of Casey's chest and ran off to lay more alien boog eggs.



I don't know how this post evolved into silliness, but rest assured it only means that I am in a terrific mood this week and it is all because of time well spent with people I love. I'm so glad we went.

1 comment:

sari said...

The pictures are great! I'm so glad you had such a great time!!