17 May 2007

Workin' it Out ... NOT

So I've been a member of my gym for about, what, three weeks I think. I like it there; it's got everything I need in a gym (pool! woohoo!) and they've got a daycare room. Which is why I joined. To work out during the day and give Boog some time to socialize outside of the circle (of me).

Best laid plans. Yessirree. Know how many times I have had a workout longer than 15 minutes? One! Well, two actually. But once was while my mom babysat at my apartment. So, one. Uno.

What is this, you say? Why, I'll tell you! I've actually visited this gym many times, with Boog in tow, all fired up for a nice sweaty workout. But. My darling son will NOT be subjected to time away from me. How DARE I even CONSIDER trying to take care of myself. He keeps having total meltdowns and there is nothing I can do to appease him except just grab him and go home.

Poor me. I'm so annoyed. Well, at least I tried.

But you know what? I will not be discouraged by this minor glitch in my plan. I shall workout at night, once Rob is home. I will not be exhausted from the day, and will TCB at the G. (That's "take care of bidness at the gym" for those of you who are new.)

1 comment:

sari said...

I always went at night too, when Mr. Geek got home from work.

That way you don't have to worry your little guy's all upset.

Good luck! :-)