09 January 2007

A post from December, just now able to publish it...

*this post was composed long ago, but working on a friend's iBook G3 made it impossible to publish, due to incompatibilities with Blogger*

So I've been away from the internets for a while now, mourning the death of my laptop's drive. Currently, it's in New Jersey to be operated on, extracting the Boog movies that I can't bear to part with. In the meantime, I am borrowing my friend's old iBook G3 (which used to be mine!) to keep up with email and that's about it. It's still on OS9, after all. A 3gig computer doesn't have room for OSX. I know! Remember back then? When a gig was HUGE???

Anyhoo. To balance out the computer woes, we also got good news! My hubby got a job offer in Southern California and he gave his notice at his job and we're up to our armpits in boxes and packing materials trying to move our lives down there in two weeks' time. So far so good, actually. We were able to escape our two year lease by posting an ad for the place and showing it to about 20 couples over the past four days. My landlord just called me and said he approved one of the dudes that sent over an application. Hooray! We'll get all our money back. Sweet.

So why is moving to the OC a good thing, you ask? All the parents are down there, and we want our Boog to grow up knowing them. My grandparents were in Sweden and Norway until they passed away, and I only saw them every few years when we visited. I never really knew them in the same way that one does when they grow up within a couple hours' drive of them. I personally also miss the beach terribly. So there's that too. And I have tons of friends down there still, most with babies or kids.

So there you go. Not much of a post, but an update on why I'm MIA. I hate being busy, but it's for a good cause. I miss November, and the days of lazily randomizing blogs and checking in with my new NaBloPoMo buds. Hey buddies! Once I get my real computer back, I'll get up to speed on all y'all and the cool stuff you've no doubt been up to. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Hey everybody!

1 comment:

sari said...

Glad you're back! :-)

My word verification is (NO KIDDING): mypal