30 November 2006

Day Thirty - Meme's the word (haha...ha...h..a..)

Day Thirty! The conclusion of the NaBloPoMo phenomenon of aught six. Been tagged with a meme. My meme cherry's been popped! Um. So.

Sasha threw this to me.

The rules...
Each player of this game starts with the "6 Weird Things about You".
People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog!"

And we begin! On with the weird things.

1) I HATE whipped cream. Hate. It. Never understood why anyone would want to ingest something that tastes like nothing, yet is chock full o' calories. What a waste. When there is so much chocolate in the world to be consumed. Now THAT is a productive collection of calories.

2) I "file" my socks in my sock drawer, by color.

The purpose of this method is to see ALL my socks when I open my drawer, and select a pair quickly and efficiently. All the black ones? I worked in downtown SF, people. Go ahead and laugh. I know it's weird. My friend Meigan says it's the Virgo rising in me. I have to agree. I could do a separate meme on "Traits that make you a Virgo rising". Another time, perhaps.

3) Hi, my name is Eva and I am addicted to houseplants. [Hi, Eva!] I have twenty-three houseplants in our little house. I would have more, but I've run out of horizontal space for them. Yes, I could hang them from the ceiling, but we're in a rental, and I've hung plants incorrectly before, only to create a gaping, cavernous hole where a ceiling once was. Oops. There's a store ten miles away that has THE BEST collection of houseplants for sale on this side of the Mississippi (I've always wanted to use that phrase). I have to restrain myself from going there once a week to just take them all home with me.

4) I l-o-v-e LOVE the smell of new shower curtains. And gasoline. But shower curtains more.

5) I ate pizza almost every day for six months. You know how some people say that their favorite food is pizza, and that they could eat it every day and never get sick of it? It's true! At least for me. I was living in Tahoe, working as a children's ski instructor in Squaw Valley. The season had a very late start, and I was out of money, having no snow and no work and all. I took on a night job delivering pizza in Truckee. I soon found out that we were allowed to eat all the pizza we wanted, providing we didn't use any of the pizza boxes. We counted those at the end of each night to match up with pizza sales, or something. So, being poor and hungry (insert sad violin here), I made myself a small pizza every night I had a shift. Yum. Never got tired of it. Nope. Good thing I was burning off the pizza-fatty in me by climbing up and down snowy mountains, picking up fallen and/or crying kids.

6) And finally: It took me fifteen years to graduate college. Not because of financial hardships or anything respectable like that. Being an idiot, I turned down an offer to CU Boulder out of high school. I went to Cal State Long Beach instead, where most of my friends went, as a journalism major. That lasted a year. Then worked for a while. Then back to school at Long Beach City College with a change in academic focus to math and science. Then transferred to Cal Poly Pomona as an Electrical Engineering major. Two years of that, disliked the competition (as if school isn't hard enough), dropped out of school for more work. Tutored math, moved to Tahoe, moved to SF, got job as accountant. Found that night school (University of Phoenix) was a possibility, enrolled as an Accounting major, finally graduated in 2002. Fifteen years, people. Why is this weird, you ask? Because if you knew me, you'd know I'm a pretty together, organized, smart and motivated person. You'd think I would have gotten my shit together to finish up sooner.

Okay, time for tagging! I don't have any close friends with blogs, so I'll have to tag some peeps that I've commented on/have been commented on recently:

Sari
ECR
Lynanne
Miss Owl

And, how sad that I can only come up with four. Optimistic thought: A year from now, I do have six blogger friends that I can tag. :)

3 comments:

sasha said...

Separated at birth?

I have a Virgo rising.
I ate a bagel sandwich every day as long as I worked at Brackman's in SLC (I'm reaching with this one) and NEVER got sick of it.
I started my college education fifteen years ago, have attended five schools (two universities, three JC's) and STILL don't even have my AA. So at least you made it to the finish line!

3dogcache said...

Hmm, you can tag me...and I have six bloggers to tag. Though I'm not sure how I got routed to this blog. And the sock things is incredible, so I don't understand the college thingy. I mean, I open my sock drawer and try to find two socks that look alike. If I can't, well then I just choose two that kind of look alike.
3dogs

Disgruntled Owl said...

wooo - I'm going to do my meme post tomorrow - something to do when I'm bored at work