09 November 2006

Day Nine - My Story

'Sup? My very first comment (yay!) was from a hilarious woman named Sasha. Thanks, Sasha! I'm somebody! I'm somebody! ("The new phone books are here!") Christ, I'm a nerd.

So I go to her site, cuz she's my new favorite person, and love her posts. Some surfing brings me to ECR's blog, and I am inspired by her Day 3 post, entitled "An Introduction." I am going to steal her idea and introduce myself as well. I feel like I am doing the blogger equivalent of looking at her test answers over her shoulder! So sneaky am I!

I'm Eva! I'm a fairly new mom, to 7 month old son I call "The Boog", wife to Rob. I'm a stay-at-home-mom, and rather excited about it, if I may say so myself. Living on one salary means we're basically poor, but it's a good trade to get to raise my son my own damn way. Being a mom is a WAY harder job than I ever thought it would be, but I get to kiss and cuddle with my boss all day, and he doesn't micro-manage, which is awesome. I quit my job as an accounting manager when The Boog was born, and not a moment too soon, either. My old boss was a psycho. But that's another post altogether.

I grew up mostly in Southern California, with a few years of my childhood in Norway, Sweden, and Saudi Arabia. My parents are from the first two. My dad's passion for engineering (yes, the nerd apples don't fall far from the nerd tree) took us to Saudi Arabia for five years in the first half of the 80s decade. It was there that I first met Rob; eleven years old, and as cute as they come with a crooked smile that melted my little prepubescent heart. I was instantly smitten. His sister was in my grade, so I took every opportunity to hang with her after school. I even asked Mom if he could come with us to the beach (the Red Sea!) one weekend and she said yes:

Mom dug this photo out when we got engaged. How cute are we?

Well, he left after two years, and I saw him again when I was 21 (around 1991?)at a reunion of a bunch of Saudi expats. Then he made me dinner about a year later, then nothing, due to a lack of interest on his end, and then in 2000, after a period of emailing each other, we went to see Harry Potter together. Then back to emailing, due to a lack of interest on my end, and then two years ago, BAM! We were both interested at the same time! In each other! Fell in love, got engaged, got married, got pregnant, became parents, and are living happily ever after.

The Boog is suffering from stuffy nose syndrome (SNS) and requires my attention. This saga is therefore to be continued tomorrow...

1 comment:

sasha said...

Holy cow! I snuck back over for more pictures of your chewy baby and saw my name in print...I mean, print that I didn't type myself.

Love the "Jerk" reference...our new phone book came today so we were channeling Mr. Martin ourselves.

I'm heading to bed with a big smile now.